Hot BBQ Tip – Help a neighbour clean and check for gas leaks.
You will need:
- Small spray bottle or a mug or cup
- Dish Washing Liquid
- Yellow Gas Plumbing Tape
- Use one teaspoon dish washing liquid and mix with water
- Place mixture to a spray bottle (cup or mug)
- Spray or lather soap suds around gas connections and gas hose
- If you see bubbles, that is a leak.
- Use yellow gas plumbing tape and check if the o’ring is on the connection (You can get the yellow gas plumbing tape from a hardware store)
IMPORTANT: Replace hose if there is a leak, don’t try too repair.
EXTRA TIP: Ready to clean grill plates. Heat up & scrub with wire brush, let cool & wipe down with oil. Oil plates both sides during winter, this will avoid rust if not being used. A bit of oil on hose can help as well from cracking.